Access Statement for Gwenyn And Melyn Cottages
Both holiday cottages are designed for ease of use and comfort. The facilities provided are to a high standard using good quality furnishings and equipment throughout. All rooms are situated on the ground floor and benefit from central heating. Free Internet access is available to both cottages and the immediate area.
• Pricing, provisional booking and availability are shown on availability pages on our website.
• Both cottages have unlimited wireless broadband internet access available free of charge. Please bring your own laptop PC or we can lend you ours on a short term basis.
• The cottages are situated in a remote location with no public transport, therefore it is recommended to bring a car. Walking and cycling is also an option for those who wish to take in the Cornish countryside.
• Some supermarkets do make deliveries and simple groceries are provided for your arrival.
• If required, we can provide a ramp for wheelchair use, but we are only officially approved for Mobility level M1.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Off road parking is available for our guests. The surface is firm gravel and level.
• The path from the car park to the front door of both cottages is level and paved suitable for wheelchair use.
• The distance from the car park to the front doors is 15 metres and 25 metres along the level paved path.
• There is a large covered porch with seating at the front door of each cottage.
• There is automatic sensor lighting from the car park to both cottages and switched lighting in the two porches.
Entrance to Cottages
• There is a small step from the porch area into the cottage at the front door for both cottages.
• A ramp is available on request for the duration of your stay.
• Hallways, bedrooms and toilet areas are all on the ground floor with no stair or steps to consider.
• Hall flooring is laminate wood effect.
• The cottages are both equipped with solid wood doors wide enough for access with a wheelchair.
Living Room & Kitchen
• The Living Room and Kitchen are combined in both cottages.
• The living rooms have laminate wood effect flooring with a rug carpet in the seating area.
• Living rooms have freeview digital television, DVD player and stereo with CD, Cassette and Radio.
• Both cottages have wood burning stoves in the living room. Logs are provided.
• Living rooms have half glassed french doors to the patio areas at the rear via 3 steps downwards.
• There is an uninterrupted view to the mill leat, field and river from the living area in each cottage.
• Wheelchair access to the patio area is available via a slight sloping path from the front of each cottage to the rear.
• Both cottages are equipped with microwave oven, electric cooker and hob, washing machine, dishwasher, electric food whisk, extractor fan, etc.
• Wall cupboards and base cupboards are provided to house a full range of utensils, crockery and cutlery.
• Spot lights, wall lights and work surface lighting is provided.
• There is also lighting over the dining table.
• Bedrooms are carpeted throughout.
• Bedding is non feather.
• Cottages are non smoking and pet free.
• Bedrooms are equipped with fitted wardrobes, bedside tables and mirrors with shelving.
Bathroom & Shower Room
• Gwenyn has a bath with independent shower equipment, toilet, wash basin, mirror and shaving point.
• The bathroom in Gwenyn is shared between the occupants of the cottage.
• Hand rails are provided in the bath/shower area.
• Melyn has an en suite shower room with toilet, wash basin mirror and shaving point.
• Lever taps are provided in both cottages.
• Bath and hand towels are provided for the duration of your stay.
• Bathrooms have ceramic tiled flooring.
• Both cottages are strictly non smoking.
• Both cottages are strictly no pets.
Address: Berrio Mill, Golberdon, Callington, Cornwall PL17 7NL, England
Telephone: 01579 363252
Grid reference: SX318711
• To keep the cottages up to date and in good working order.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve.
If you have any comments please phone Ivan or Carolyn on 01579 363252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.